Kitengo cha Sheria
To provide legal expertise and services to the Office.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Provide legal advice and assistance to Office’s Divisions and Units and entities under the Office on interpretation of laws, terms of contract, terms of agreements, privatization agreements, procurement contracts, guarantees, letters of undertaking, memorandum of understanding, consultancy agreements and other type of agreements, and other legal documents;
- Provide technical support in preparation of legislative instruments including enactments of Parliament and subsidiary legislation(s) and forward to the Attorney General’s Chambers;
- Provide legal services to the Office;
- Participate to various negotiations and meetings that call for legal expertise;
- Translate legislations within the Office;
- Liaise with the Attorney Generals Chambers on litigation of civil cases and other claims involving the Office; and
- Prepare and review various legal instruments such as orders, notices, certificates, agreements and transfer deeds.
This Unit will be led by a Director.